[Recipe] Low Calories Rustic Milky Cinnamon Cake for Christmas and New Year!
- 4 eggs
- 200g brown sugar (the original recipe needs 400g but I cut them down and they tasted good! Lower calories, dear! Do you want to have SNSD's legs? haha)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/4 baking powder
- 300ml milk
- 150 butter
- Pre-heat the oven at 180'C.
- Beat eggs on high speed for 5mins or until it thick and lemon-coloured. Gradually add sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Then, combine the flour and baking powder to gradually add into the batter, beat at low speed until smooth. You may find it hard to beat but it's okay as you haven't add in the milk and butter.
- Heat up the milk and butter until melted. Gradually add into the batter until combined at low speed.
- Add in whatever ingredients you find in your crisper. As for me, I add in slices of 2 bananas, raisins, walnuts and topped the cinnamon powder before bake.
- Bake at 180'C for 30-35 mins then cool it down. It depends on the oven you use, as my 'nana' oven is pretty slow. So needs more time. You need to check it out every 6-10 mins.
Just like this, the steps are easy right?! Now, I'll tell you the texture. The texture is pretty much taste like a brownie. Moisture and sticky as I used brown sugar for health-wise decision. You may stick to the granulated sugar. It's sweet enough for your tongue trust me. I always use less sugar to bake cake. No need to mash the bananas, just need to cut it into slices of 1-2cm and it melts while in the oven.
I hope you enjoy this and once again merry Xmas and Happy New Year! A bit late though! Wakaka! Bye!