如果你还没有Airbnb的帐号,可以用我的专用链接�� (www.airbnb.com/c/wonderq2),那你就可以即刻索取RM105,这回馈可以用于预订Airbnb的房间。

For the first time user, u may use my Airbnb link (www.airbnb.com/c/wonderq2)and get RM105 credit for your next trip!

Macallum Connoisseurs Cafe Penang \\ Ally's Birthday Lunch

Last Saturday, I went to the newly opened cafe namely Macallum Connoisseurs with Ally in celebration of her 22 birthday! Yeah! I feel great this year as I finally have the right mood to sing Taylor Swift's '22'! Muahaha! Oops, so now you know how 'young' I am! 




Speaking of this cafe, I was always wanting to try it as I often pass by there. It was big and gigantic like a warehouse. Plus, my 3rd sis told me their signature smoked duck is the boom, it made me even more curious about this dish. It was located at Gat Lebuh Macallum (五条路)aka 'the fifth road' just right beside the traffic light. Easily spotted. However, on that afternoon, I drove myself all the way from Bayan Lepas to the highway and made a sharp left turn at the traffic light, I missed it! I didn't know why and still struggle in the puzzlement. Maybe, it was some kind of supernatural thingy so-called 鬼遮眼 in chinese. I am very 'lucky' to possess this kind of power... ... Haha! Sounds scary. Okay, let's stop this! When I arrived there at around 11.00am, the parking lots was nearly full. So, you need to hold quite some enormous lucks for parking there.

A lot of places for us to choose so we ended up changing our spot for 3 times! Little tips here: when you step inside, please go to the counter and get your own menu and make decisions swiftly then order and make payment. This is to prevent long-awaited serving. But, we girls like to overthink one, so we used about 20 mins to finally make up our minds on what to order. The waitress at the counter was very nice and modest, she honestly told me the fact of long time taken for the mains and suggested me to either order the breakfast items or bagels if I was in a rush. After payment, I got my table number written on a glass bottle.

This is it! Number 9! And a few tiny sprouted plants.

Here's the menu, I just took some shots only not the full version in order to pique your desires and head to this cafe by yourself.

I did not order the coffee as to be theoretically, when you drink coffee during meals, the nutrition won't be absorbed. So, we ordered tea.
Rose tea with french vanilla (RM 8) 
We refilled for 3 times and a big clap to the waitresses and waiters who patiently and painstakingly served us many times plus telling us we need to wait for 3 mins for the fragrant to spread.
Model of the day (MOTD) Ally Cheah


Finally our food is served! We ordered 2 mains despite the shocking warns about the time taken on preparing these dishes. Taurus is like that one! Haha!

Smokey Duck Breast (RM25)
Cooked with Red Wine Sauce, Raisins and Baby Carrots.
This really drifts me away to the cloud nine. My 3rd sis did not cheat me yo! I freaking like the sauce, it tastes like cranberry sauce and reminds me of the open sandwich from Basil Le Bistrot. The texture of the duck breast is intoxicating. The skin is crunchy and the fatty tissue in between the skin and duck meat is juicy yet not greasy. The duck meat itself is moderately bouncy, no that kind of plastic-like texture. I'll definitely go there next time just for this!

The next one is Grilled Salmon Fillet (RM 28).
This was ordered by Ally one and she ended up loving my choice of duck! Haha! To be honest, this is just moderate. The ingredients are fresh but just not that impressive.

Selfie time!
Thanks to the waiter for taking this shot for us!

Once again, Selamat Hari Jadi kawanku!

Overall, I had a great Saturday in this cafe with a good friend. I'll go there next time to try their pasta. But I am still afraid of trying the spaghetti at other cafes after several fail attempts! 55 cafe's one is still my favourite for pasta series, wonder whether this cafe can beat it... haha shall see...


Details of Macallum Connoisseurs Cafe Penang
Address: 1, Gat Lebuh Macallum, 10300 Georgetown, Penang.
Business Hour: Everyday from 9am to 12am
Tel: 016- 422 1259

0 comments

如果你还没有Airbnb的帐号,可以用我的专用链接🔗 (www.airbnb.com/c/wonderq2),那你就可以即刻索取RM105,这回馈可以用于预订Airbnb的房间。

For the first time user, u may use my Airbnb link (www.airbnb.com/c/wonderq2)and get RM105 credit for your next trip!

New YouTube Video on WONDER QUEEN~

AMERICAN MAKEUP using ALL KOREAN MAKEUP BRAND PRODUCTS|韓國美妝品畫出時尚歐美妝(ALTHEA REVIEW 2019)

AMERICAN MAKEUP using ALL KOREAN MAKEUP BRAND PRODUCTS|韓國美妝品畫出時尚歐美妝(ALTHEA REVIEW 2019) AMERICAN MAKEUP using ALL KOREAN MAKEUP BRAND PR...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *