Tumblr & Instagram Inspired Summer Picnic & Party Food Ideas
1.) Healthy-yet-not-so-healthy Salad
- Bread loaf (whichever you prefer, but I think whole grain is better and healthier)
- Boiled eggs (if you're a egg lover, you may use more)
- Yogurt (I suggest to use the original coz if you use the flavored one like raspberry, it will be weird to match with the salty ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- bacon slices cut into pieces
- sandwich greens (normally we use the cabbage or just cut it into little pieces and mix with other ingredients but it'll be less attractive)
- Honey or maple syrup
- Press the boiled eggs and make it into gravel kind of texture. If you think it's too dry, add in some hot water to coordinate the texture.
- Add in sugar,honey, salt & yogurt into the egg mixture.
- Pan-fried the bacon cuts and add into the mixture.
- Mix the bacon into the mixture.
- If you prefer the soft texture of bread loaf, you can just leave it there. But if you prefer the crunchy kind of texture, heat up your pan and put your bread slices onto it and keep an eye on it or else it gonna be charred. No need to apply any oil, just carefully heat it via pan.
- Now you may do the necessities of putting all of these together.